Why study abroad in Belize?
Why Belize is a great fit for underrepresented students wishing to study abroad? The country of Belize is an excellent destination for underrepresented students both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Belize offers a unique diversity of people, languages, flora and fauna, and is a cost effective destination when compared to education abroad destinations in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
As Latin America and Caribbean countries experience an increase of international students from the U.S., Belize is well positioned to offer U.S. students rich and meaningful education abroad experiences.
Here are additional reasons why Belize is a natural fit for underrepresented students:
- TEP’s education abroad programs are developed specifically for Belize.
- Belize has a track record of hosting university students for more than four decades. Belize is well known for its Maya archaeology, marine biology, and tropical ecology programs. The diversity of programs keeps expanding and now includes courses and programs in social science, internships, Spanish language immersion, service-learning, and much more.
- Belize is a cost-effective destination within close proximity to the U.S.
- The diversity of Belize’s topography and people is unparalleled in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Belize is an excellent introductory country for students who are studying abroad for the first time because English is spoken in most places.