Belize has been on most people’s radar as a tourist
destination for more than 30 years and as a result a well defined and vibrant tourism industry
was established. Recently, there has been significant growth in the number of students
traveling to Belize for education abroad programming.
Here are five (5) reasons why Belize is so appealing to out-of-the box thinkers.
- Belize is approximately two hours from main hub cities: Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte North Carolina, and Miami.
- Cultural Diversity - Belize is often said to be about the same size as Massachusetts. Although it’s population remains under half million, the country's rich cultural diversity is considered a hallmark in the region.
- The national language is English, which minimizes the language barriers while exposing students to Spanish and native languages such as Mayan, Kriol, and Garifuna.
- Experiential Learning
- The country’s topography is diverse as the Belizean people. The entire country is a living laboratory for experiential and service-learning programming.
- Developing Country Experience
- Belize is the ideal non-traditional destination for faculty
who are interested in a developing country experience. Belize is relatively safe in comparison to other countries in Central and South America. She is home to the largest United States
Embassy in Latin America and host many consulates including United Kingdom